unless the mosaic was a meme? i saw this one at anna’s blog (one of my faves – glad you’re posting again!), and decided to do it here. mostly because they are questions i can answer quickly, thereby posting quickly, and thereby feel like a blogger. ha! diagram that.
1) What was I doing 10 years ago? planning our wedding! we’ll be married 10 years this september. wow. also, getting paid the most ever i’d ever made for theatre. that was nice.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today? get the boy to school, get coffee, take miss thing to music class, feed neighbor’s cat, nap miss thing, download camera (pix from the boy’s moving-up ceremony from last night!), work on thank-you gifts for the boy’s fabulous teachers, get the boy from school, survive the afternoon (go to the park, probably), feed the children, put said children to bed. oh, yes and we must eat in there somewhere. is that more than 5? go figure.
3) Snacks I enjoy: see mosaic below! chocolate, baby. iced coffee. gorgeous cupcakes. popcorn & lemonade. diet coke. dipping salty, crunchy things into hummus. bread. tasti delite (which i’m sure, ain’t).
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire: hire my favorite musicians (see sidebar) to play private parties! give away a lot. start a theatre? move someplace bigger. travel. eat out. what a lame list (except the musician part). honestly, i can’t even wrap my mind around the idea.
5) Places I have lived: teaneck, new jersey; blacksburg, virginia; cincinnati, ohio; kent, ohio (one summer); new york city (hell’s kitchen and inwood).
6) Jobs I have had: life-sucking retail, babysitter, flower deliver-er!, admin ass’t, restaurant hostess (even more life-sucking than retail), actor, mama
7) Bloggers I am tagging who I will enjoy getting to know better: oh, i don’t know. if you read this and feel like doing it, be my guest! leave me a comment so i can read your answers.
and now, because i can’t stand picture-less posts…
the boy amongst his peers, as they move on from kindergarten:
they had a hilariously cute song & dance number to the tune of ‘new york, new york’ which the boy flatly refused to participate in. he also wouldn’t walk over to get his certificate by himself (all this attention can be very overwhelming, see?), so a buddy or two went with him, resulting in a very sweet group hug with the two coolest teachers ever (please excuse the blurriness & darkness):
on to first grade!