i’ve got several thoughtful posts in draft form, but jeez, it’s taking me a long time to write them & get them up here. so in the meantime, i thought i’d get a little fast and frivolous. ready?
ok, wait. i have plenty of stuff. but we all want things, right? besides, all of these things aren’t necessarily material anyway.
- to lose the last 5. things are going well in this department, thanks to
cheap gym with a ton of machines and very close to my place. i like.
- to be able to go here for yoga
the integral yoga institute on 13th street. it’s like an hour away by subway so i haven’t been there for-bloody-ever.
- these babies
el naturalista iggdrasil shoes. my neighborhhood pal heather has some in a leafy green. lurrrve them. not gonna happen anytime soon, though.
- more space. oh, specifically, a dining room, a third bedroom and some private outdoor space. my, my, a house would be nice. we fantasize about ones like this:
that’s in montclair, nj
in new paltz, ny
here’s the rub tho: not ready to leave la ciudad. not at all. especially not our ‘hood. i love it here.
- time, baby, time.
time to knit this:
le clapotis by kate gilbert…
flicca by anna bell. oh my word, so beautiful. i can’t even imagine how long it would take me to make.
and time to bog, for chrissakes!
- to see my friends! i’ve got so many people who i need to see, whom i haven’t seen in a really long time:
there’s my best pal, lynn, in chicago. she’s got a 2 year old who has cystic fybrosis and i haven’t seen her in two years. there’s my brother and his wife, also in chicago. there’s my good friend, maria, who defected from the ny area and up and moved to louisville, kentucky last summer. traitor. there’s my college boyfriend, lee, in blacksburg, virginia whom i haven’t seen in, oh, i don’t know, 8 years? ridiculous. he’s got 2 kids. and julie, in vermont, who just had her third (yes, friends, THIRD) child this month. gotta go visit them, especially since my son is going to marry her daughter someday. hee!
- on the last and most frivolous note (yes, even more so than the shoes) i want LOST never to end and to stay brilliant (which it is much of the time…it’s only sucked a few times). it’s probably better that it’s going to finish up next year (or the next? i can’t remember), but i just love the story and the creepiness and the mystery and the secrets of those people’s lives.
plus (and let’s be honest here, ladies), where else can you find that much eye candy in one place? even if there weren’t jack and sawyer and sayid and (my personal fave) desmond (oh, brutha!), i’d be happy to just watch kate for an hour each week.
and what about you, you, you? what do you want?